Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Selling service Online

 I recently started a new website called www.vishweshgm.com. Here I want to host few free software. Meanwhile I wanted the website to look like a purchase store with items worth 0$. So I started exploring. Here I enlist the knowledge I gained, again for free to you readers.


In order to let people buy an x$ product through website, I knew I need a payment gateway. Since I made this website through wordpress, Stripe was by default supported in wordpress. I searched online for reviews and nothing bad came about stripe. So I decided to go with it.


To set-up an account, stripe needs a lot of information. I had chosen option of "individual" in stripe company type. So this must be fairly simple and you don't need a CA to handle this account. As I started filling out form, few things that were new to me became mandatory to fill.


Support Page: This is the page that tells where your company/ address is. And also contact number needs to be mentioned.

Privacy Policy : I live in india, we don't care much about this. However the website is global, even if I am taking just a single email ID from my buyers I am expected to have a data protection and privacy policy listed in my website. So I started to look for people who can help me with this.

There is a website - https://privacyterms.io. This website allows you to generate both privacy policy and terms and conditions for your website. you just need to follow instructions thown by this website.

Cancellation and Refund Policy:  There is a website called https://app.termsfeed.com/ This will easily generate the refund policies.

And done. I am all set to receive payments through stripe.


No comments:

Post a Comment